RANCHO CUCAMONGA, California – CO-OP Financial Services is announcing the schedule for its THINK Virtual events, headed by three flagship THINK Forums to be hosted by Jean Chatzky of NBC’s Today Show. Keynote speakers at these events will include Taco Bell CEO Mark King, author Margaret Heffernan and entrepreneur Scott Belsky.
“We have transformed our THINK conference for this year to include a series of virtual events that will run through the remainder of 2020,” said Samantha Paxson, Chief Experience Officer for CO-OP. “The fact that these events will extend over several months will allow us to ensure content is immediate and relevant, and each series is tailored to address different pressing needs of credit union leaders. And, all events are offered at no charge to attendees.”
THINK Forums: Renowned Business Leader Speakers
The THINK Forums will comprise virtual broadcasts tackling the industry’s toughest challenges and greatest opportunities. Each two-hour event will be hosted by Jean Chatzky, and feature a celebrated guest speaker leading business transformation today. The THINK Forum schedule includes:
- August 19: “CEO Forum – How Member Relationships and Payments Drive Resilient Growth.” Taco Bell CEO Mark King will provide insights about activating change in organizations based on his more than 20 years as a President/CEO of large companies across a range of industries. Also speaking will be Dr. Amit Seru, Professor of Finance at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
- September 29: “Strategic Growth Forum – Navigating Uncertainty with Adaptive Thinking.” Author Margaret Heffernan’s remarks will reflect her forthcoming book “Uncharted: How to Map the Future” (September 2020), which explores people and organizations undaunted by uncertainty.
- October 14: “Future of the Workplace Forum – Serving Members in the Transformed Workplace.” Entrepreneur Scott Belsky of Adobe will elaborate on themes from his latest book, “The Messy Middle: Finding Your Way through the Hardest and Most Crucial Part of Any Bold Venture” (2018).
THINK Master Classes: Hands-on Virtual Learning Opportunities
The 90-minute-per-session THINK Master Class will feature topic-specific virtual learning opportunities, including hands-on interactive exercises facilitated by subject matter experts. The series kicks off next month as follows:
- August 4: “Activating Your Strategic Next.” Presentations will be led by Nikhil Lele, Americas Financial Services Digital Leader for EY.
- September 17: “Designing Your Financial Wellness Ecosystem.” Personal finance journalist Jean Chatzky will move over from the THINK Forums to deliver the main presentation at this session.
THINK Power Lunches: Fast Deep Dives into Key Credit Union Topics
The THINK Power Lunch series is designed to go in-depth on a key credit union issue, covering it in a bite-sized amount of time – one hour. The series will include:
- September 9: “Payments are the Path to Growth Research Presentation.” Research from Filene will be offered by Elry Armaza, the institute’s Custom Research Director.
- October 8: “Utilizing Data in New and Intelligent Ways.”
“At our THINK 20 Virtual event last May, we demonstrated that virtual engagement can also be a magical connective alternative to live conferences,” said Paxson. “We believe the THINK Virtual series of meetings will both inform and push attendees and, as always with THINK, they will be an engaging way to unite in the midst of this year of COVID-19.”
To learn more about the three THINK Virtual series and to register, visit co-opthink.org.